COVID-19 Response & protocols
When the 36th Annual ACT International Conference takes place this summer, you can rest assured knowing that as we plan for the industry’s premier event the safety of our attendees is our top priority. ACT will monitor and implement safety guidelines from local and federal officials. The following measures will be in place for the event. We will be sure to notify all attendees of any additional safety precautions prior to their attendance.
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Marriott has implemented a variety of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping with our high standards of cleanliness and commitment to providing excellent service.
Here is what to expect during your stay at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile.
ACT Event Implemented Precautions
The health and safety of our staff and attendees is our top priority. Here are a few ways ACT is working to provide enhanced attendee safety onsite:
- Wearing face masks is now optional indoors at the conference.
- We will require frequent staff and vendor handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- ACT encourages a no-touch policy (I.e. shaking hands, hugs and limiting contact)
- Limit attendance or seating capacity in meeting rooms to allow for social distancing or host smaller events in larger rooms.
- Manage flow and use multiple entrances and exits and discourage crowded waiting areas.
- Provide physical guides to ensure that individuals remain at least 6 feet apart in lines and at other times as needed. Appropriate Signage/floor decals to reinforce spatial distancing and other safety reminders.
- Use of shields or separators at registration and other areas as needed.
- ACT is staying up to date on all travel guidelines, considerations, and restrictions from global and local authorities. We’ll be reporting any major transportation or travel announcements that impact the event on the ACT website.
- Updates regarding domestic and international travel from the CDC.
- Be sure to visit your airline’s website to stay informed of their protocols.