COVID-19 Response & protocols
When the 35th Annual ACT International Conference takes place this summer, as an attendee, you can rest assure knowing that as we plan for the industry’s premier event the safety of our attendees is our top priority. ACT will monitor and implement safety guidelines from local and federal officials. The following measures will be in place for the event. We will be sure to notify all attendees of any additional safety precautions prior to their attendance.
Disney Safety Precautions
Disney has taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Cast Members. Here’s what you need to know before you go: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
Common Areas & Meeting Spaces
Common areas and meeting spaces will receive increased cleaning. Extra attention will be given to high-traffic areas, such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
My Disney Experience App
You can make the most of your visit with the My Disney Experience app. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of this app on their mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled. Helpful features include:
- Contactless Resort Check-in with Direct-to-Room Service: Attendees can bypass the front desk and head straight to their Guest rooms using the Online Check-In feature. Their smartphones can be used as their room keys.
- Mobile Order Service for Dining: Mobile order service enables attendees to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at select table-service restaurants, attendees can scan a code to access the digital menu.
- Online Check-In / Automatic Check-Out
- Cashless Transactions
Guest Rooms & Housekeeping
Housekeeping services have been modified at Disney Resort hotels to promote enhanced cleaning and reduced contact. View Disney’s guestroom protocols:
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include removal of trash and used towels, replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom, wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces and vacuuming if needed. You can also choose to decline every-other-day cleaning service.
We have increased the number of hand sanitizer locations throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Disney’s audiovisual team has developed a number of safety protocols to promote cleanliness and sanitation. This includes:
- Before and between sessions, technicians will clean high-touch areas of audiovisual equipment such as microphones, remotes, laptops and other presentation materials.
- White board and flipchart markers will be given to each room. When requested, new, un-opened boxes of markers will be delivered.
- Their entire inventory of high-touch audiovisual items will be cleaned daily prior to use.
ACT Event Implemented Precautions
The health and safety of our staff and attendees is our top priority. Here are a few ways ACT is working to provide enhanced attendee safety onsite:
- Require the use of masks among attendees, staff, and vendors.
- ACT will provide all attendees with their own personal hand sanitizers.
- We will require frequent staff and vendor handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- No-touch policy (I.e. shaking hands, hugs and limiting contact)
- Limit attendance or seating capacity in meeting rooms to allow for social distancing or host smaller events in larger rooms.
- Manage flow and use multiple entrances and exits and discourage crowded waiting areas.
- Provide physical guides to ensure that individuals remain at least 6 feet apart in lines and at other times as needed. Appropriate Signage/floor decals to reinforce spatial distancing and other safety reminders.
- Use of shields or separators at registration and other areas as needed.
- Socially distant food and beverage/meal set ups. Lunches will be individually packaged or will be replaced with enhanced food stations. Disney’s culinary and catering “Cast Members” will serve custom plates at these stations—from behind plexiglass barriers–to Guests while wearing appropriate face and hand coverings. Additional food safety plans will be developed for other food functions at the convention center.
- ACT is staying up to date on all travel guidelines, considerations, and restrictions from global and local authorities. We’ll be reporting any major transportation or travel announcements that impact the event on the GBTA website. See what action TSA’s taking in response to COVID-19.
- Updates regarding domestic and international travel from the CDC.
- Orlando Airport
- City of Orlando COVID-19 updates
- Be sure to visit your airline’s website to stay informed of their protocols.